Scranton Personal Injury Lawyers
Fight for Compensation with Us Leading the Way
When you are injured by someone else’s carelessness, numerous concerns will pop into your head. How will you pay your mounting medical bills? What if you lose your job because you’re unable to complete your usual job expectations? You’re anxious about your family’s future and you don’t know how you’ll make it through the week, let alone next month.
This is the time to be concerned about your health, not your future. Our personal injury law firm is here to help make certain you can focus on your wellbeing and recovery instead of losing sleep over piling medical bills and lost wages.
Our personal injury lawyers in Scranton at Fellerman & Ciarimboli Law PC have been fighting for the injured in our communities for decades. We take the time to listen to your problems and help ease the anxiousness you and your family are feeling at this time. We will fight on your behalf both inside and outside the courtroom to get the compensation you and your family needs following your accident. With an aggressive and relentless legal strategy, our personal injury attorneys in Scranton are the first choice for so many people and so many reasons.
What is Personal Injury Law?
Personal injury litigation is a branch of law that handles claims from individuals who have been injured by another party’s negligence. The other party can be an individual, a government entity, or a company. These civil claims are brought by an individual in order to recoup some or all of the expenses that occurred due to the defendant’s carelessness or negligence.
Many types of civil litigation can fall under personal injury law, such as:
What Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Do for You?
In straightforward personal injury claims where the insurance company cooperates and there is no debate about who is at fault, it may not be necessary to have an injury lawyer represent you. However, this is rarely the case, especially in serious accidents.
By hiring an injury attorney you give yourself the following advantages:
- A representative and guide who knows the ins and outs of the court and legal system
- Someone to fight for your rights and for maximum compensation
- Someone who can investigate the accident and provide evidence supporting your claim
- An advocate who can speak to the insurance company on your behalf and represent your best interests
How Much Should You Ask for In a Personal Injury Settlement?
Each personal injury claim seeks to compensate injury victims for three different types of damages:
- Economic Damages - These types of damages are quantifiable, meaning you can provide evidence of the exact financial cost. (For example: Medical bills, missed work, lost wages, ongoing treatment, etc.)
- Noneconomic Damages - These damages do not have an exact monetary value, but still demand compensation. (For example: Pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of companionship or enjoyment of life, etc.)
- Punitive Damages - These types of damages are reserved for cases where there was gross negligence or criminal behavior that led to the accident (For example: Drunk driving accidents)
Our injury lawyers are prepared to work with you closely to determine a fair settlement amount and then fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve.
How Is a Personal Injury Settlement Paid?
When it comes to receiving your personal injury settlement, you will receive your compensation in one of two ways:
- As a Lump Sum - This means you will receive the entire amount of the settlement in one large payment.
- In a Structured Settlement - This means that you will receive a series of broken down payments over a period of time, rather than all at once.
After you have been offered your settlement, our injury attorneys can help you determine what the best payout option is for you.
What is Negligence in a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
"Negligence" refers to the action or in-action on the part of another party that is used to determine fault in a personal injury case. When it comes to proving negligence, there are several things that need to be established:
- That the other individual had a "duty of care" or a responsibility to avoid causing harm to you
- That the other person breached their duty of care and in doing so caused injury or harm to you
- That you suffered real damages (financial, physical, emotional, etc.) as a result of their negligence
Establishing negligence may seem difficult at first, but that's where our injury lawyers come in. We can help you determine who is at fault for your injuries and how much you deserve in a fair settlement.
How to Find a Personal Injury Lawyer
Not all personal injury lawyers are the same, so not all can deliver the high quality of legal service you deserve. Each case is unique, and you need an attorney who is willing to sit down and listen to your story. That injury attorney must be willing to explain your legal options so you know exactly how much your case is worth, how long it could take to end, and if it’s worth pursuing in the first place. The lawyer should not push you into making a decision, but rather leave the important choices between you and your family.
At Fellerman & Ciarimboli Law PC in Scranton, we take the time to listen to your concerns, your fears, and your wishes. We will create a legal strategy that’s easy to understand and give you an honest evaluation of your claim. There is no guaranteed success in personal injury law, but our lawyers will advise you on the best course of action to empower your case and pursue the best possible outcome.
Let our team tackle your case. Call (800) 513-8941 now to speak with our Scranton personal injury attorneys!