Commercial & Corporate Services
Mediation and Conflict Resolution Services in Philadelphia
If you are in conflict with another business or having problems inside your organization, sometimes the only solution is legal action. But instead of heading for the courtroom, which can take years and cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars, you may want to try mediation instead.
Mediation is used to avoid litigation or trial when possible. It is meant to save financial resources, as well as time and stress. Mediation involves a private, informal setting in which an impartial mediator helps facilitate an agreement between the conflicting parties regarding important issues – from the dissolution of a partnership to financial disputes to general workplace conflicts.
The majority of mediations usually result in a settlement -- yet it is your choice whether to make it enforceable through the court of law.
How Our Commercial and Corporate Lawyers Can Help
Understanding your rights with respect to these complex issues can be overwhelming, especially if you’re just starting out in business. You may need to seek an attorney to not only assist you in understanding your rights but to also protect your interests. We have qualified and experienced attorneys with decades of experience that are ready and willing to help you work through your concerns and ultimately resolve your disputes, whether it be through negotiation, mediation, arbitration or litigation.
Fellerman & Ciarimboli is here to help you navigate through these complex areas of the law. All businesses need an experienced lawyer on their side who can evaluate their particular case taking into account all available options – first, evaluating whether litigation can be avoided through alternative measures, and then, if it cannot, determining the most effective manner for obtaining the best resolution.
Protect yourself and your business. Choose the commercial and corporate lawyers at Fellerman & Ciarimboli to handle your business-related legal issues. One-hour, free and confidential consultations are available.
Commercial Litigation vs. Corporate Law: What’s the Difference?
Commercial litigation handles the disputes that arise between a company and its customer. For example, if an individual is using your company’s work without your permission, you may consider an intellectual property claim. This would fall under commercial litigation.
Our commercial litigation attorneys can handle all types of business matters, including:
- Business contracts and transactions – This includes creating and renewing contracts, contract disputes, and purchase and sale of assets.
- Business torts and related litigation – Such as partnership disputes, non-compete agreements, unfair competition and misuse of trade secrets.
- Breach of contract – This includes violations of the Contractor and Subcontractor Payment Act and third-party claim disputes.
Corporate law is very similar to commercial litigation. The difference is where commercial litigation deals with businesses and their customers, corporate law deals exclusively with private companies — from its inception until the doors close for good.
Our corporate law practice handles business issues for small- to mid-sized companies, such as:
- Starting a business, such as creating a LLC; getting your Employer Identification Number; get a business license, if necessary; getting a seller’s permit; and creating HR policies.
- Strengthening your business through incorporation, franchising, a merger and acquisition.
- Dispute prevention and resolution, including mediation services.
The Law and You
Our team is committed to helping you. Watch our attorneys answer your questions below!