Philadelphia Burn Injury Attorneys
Severe Burn Injuries Require Serious Legal Counsel
If you are dealing with the many consequences of a severe burn injury, then you are already handling enough without adding the complexities of an injury claim to everything. Come to Fellerman & Ciarimboli Law PC in Philadelphia, and we can provide the legal services you need to progress your case, one step at a time. With our 40+ years of collective legal experience, we are fully familiar with all aspects of a case, like calculating damages and challenging insurance companies. In other words, with our burn injury attorneys on your side, you can put your worries away and rest a little easier in knowing that trusted legal professionals are working for you.
Burn Injuries Sorted by Degrees
Medical contexts sort burn injuries by their “degree.” The deeper a burn and the more widespread it is, the higher the degree will be. As such, the worse your burn degree, the more likely the value of your burn injury claim will increase.
Burn degrees are sorted as:
- First: First-degree burns shouldn’t require anything but mild first aid treatments. Although, infants and elders could experience some health complications depending on the burn’s location.
- Second: Second-degree burns should be treated in an urgent care facility to ensure they do not become infected or heal incorrectly. Because a second-degree burn can be extremely painful, you might be justified in filing a lawsuit against the party that caused it.
- Third: Third-degree burns call for emergency medical attention. To recover from a third-degree burn, you might need an extended hospital stay, several surgeries, and physical therapy. A lawsuit will be justified if the burn was caused by someone else’s mistakes.
There are also fourth, fifth, and sixth degrees for burn injuries. However, burns of these severities are most likely to be fatal. If you lost a loved one who suffered a catastrophic burn, then we can talk to you about filing a wrongful death claim to pursue justice and compensation.
Calculating the Value of Your Burn Injury Claim
Insurance defense teams answering burn injury claims filed by injured parties often try to convince those claimants that their burn “isn’t that bad,” and that they should “drop the case.” Don’t let an insurer make that decision for you. Talk to one of our burn injury attorneys in Philadelphia instead. We would be happy to help you determine the value of your burn injury claim, so you can decide if you want to pursue it.
Damages that will add to your claim’s value are:
- Medical treatment costs
- Rehabilitative therapy costs
- Lost wages
- Lowered earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability complications
You can count on us to go through your damages, one by one, and calculate them together carefully. We want to maximize the overall value of your case because you deserve every penny in compensation. That’s part of what it means to be represented by a law firm that genuinely cares about your future wellbeing and financial recovery.
We’re Ready to Help – Call Our Firm Today
The first step in your catastrophic burn injury case could be the most difficult, especially if an insurance company has already tried to convince you that you don’t have a legitimate claim. Our Philadelphia burn injury lawyers are here to help you make that first step with confidence. Thanks to our contingency fee agreements for burn injury clients, you don’t even need to make the first step with your wallet in your hand. You won’t owe us any attorney fees unless we secure a settlement or award for you!
Get a no-cost, no-obligation initial consultation with our burn injury lawyers in Philadelphia today.