Pennsylvania Multi-Vehicle Accident Attorneys
A Proven Record of Success in Complex Car Accident Cases
In the United States, more than a third of all car accidents involve multiple vehicles. A multi-vehicle accident is when two or more vehicles are involved in an accident and is often referred to as a “pile-up.” Pile-up accidents can cause severe injuries and a long, complicated litigation process. If you were injured in a multi-vehicle accident or if your loved one was killed in a multiple-vehicle pile-up, it’s important that you seek competent legal representation to help ensure that your rights are protected.
In the aftermath of a serious car accident, turn to the team at Fellerman & Ciarimboli Law PC. Our Pennsylvania multi-vehicle accident attorneys serve Philadelphia, Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, and all of Eastern Pennsylvania and beyond. Our firm has been fighting for the rights of injured victims and the loved ones and families of those wrongfully killed since 2000, and we have successfully secured more than $110 million for our clients. If you were involved in an auto accident, you only have two years to file a claim, so do not wait to contact our attorneys right away for a free and confidential consultation.
Common Causes of Multi-Vehicle Accidents
Like any type of automobile accident, multi-vehicle accidents are commonly caused by inattention, negligence, and reckless driving behavior.
Some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted Driving: It is incredibly easy for motorists to become distracted when driving. However, distracted driving is simply never acceptable. Some common distractions include checking a mobile phone, changing the radio station, or fiddling with the air conditioning or heater. All it takes is one glance away from the road for an accident to happen.
- Rear-End Accidents: Rear-end accidents, in which one driver runs into the back of another vehicle (often because the rear driver was not paying attention or because the front driver stopped suddenly or was missing taillights), are a common cause of pile-ups. All it takes is one vehicle rear-ending another to create a chain reaction that involves several vehicles.
- Drunk Driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs is a crime in Pennsylvania, yet many people still make the choice to get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle after consuming alcohol and other drugs. Intoxication slows a person’s reflexes, impairs their decision-making skills, and leads to fatigue, all of which can contribute to an intoxicated person causing a serious accident.
- Poor Weather Conditions: Inclement weather is also another big contributor to these types of accidents. Slippery roads as a result of rain or snow, low-visibility, and drivers not being careful can cause a ripple effect of dozens of cars colliding—with dangerous or fatal consequences.
Multi-Vehicle Accident Damage
Unfortunately, multi-vehicle accidents tend to result in devastating or even fatal consequences for motorists and their passengers. Steel, glass, plastic, and other materials/foreign objects can wreak havoc on vehicles and the people inside them. A vehicle can be hit several times in succession, by multiple vehicles, from all different angles, leading to horrible damage. Gasoline can leak from vehicles and engines can set ablaze, causing even more destruction.
Some of the most common injuries arising from these types of accidents include:
- Serious cuts, scrapes, bruises, and abrasions
- Friction burns/road rash
- Broken bones/fractures
- Accidental amputation
- Head and traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, and spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Torn ligaments
- Soft tissue damage
These and other accident-related injuries typically require emergency medical attention and ongoing care. Victims may be unable to return to work while they recover or, in some cases, indefinitely. This can add serious financial stress on individuals and families already navigating a very difficult and challenging time.
How Our Attorneys Can Help
The Pennsylvania multi-vehicle accident lawyers at Fellerman & Ciarimboli Law PC, located in Philadelphia, Wilkes-Barre, and Scranton, fight for those who are injured and for the loved ones of those who lose their lives in these dangerous accidents. Our firm can investigate who is at fault, deal with the insurance companies, and fight tirelessly to win you the compensation you deserve.
If you or your loved one has been involved in a pile-up accident in Philadelphia on I-76, Northeast Pennsylvania on I-81, or anywhere in the Keystone State, don’t delay in contacting our dedicated legal team. The multi-vehicle accident lawyers at Fellerman & Ciarimboli Law PC are ready to fight for you.