Pennsylvania U-Turn Truck Accident Attorneys
Fighting for Severely Injured Accident Victims Since 2000
It’s a common scenario: You’re following behind a tractor-trailer on the highway. At the next intersection, the truck begins to make a U-turn. Although you try to stop, you are unable to and run right into the truck. You are severely injured and your car is totaled. Now what?
Unfortunately, these accidents occur all the time. Making a U-turn in a large semi-truck or delivery truck is a dangerous maneuver—so dangerous that some trucking companies have banned drivers from performing U-turns. Yet, when the driver is lost or makes a wrong turn, his or her first instinct may be to turn the 80,000-pound truck around. This puts everyone’s lives at risk.
For decades, the Pennsylvania U-turn truck accident lawyers at Fellerman & Ciarimboli Law PC have been fighting for those injured in serious truck accidents across the state. With over 20 years of experience and more than $110 million recovered for our clients, we are ready to take on the trucking companies on your behalf.
Call our office at (877) 989-4878 or contact us online today to learn more about how our legal team can help you in your recovery. Your initial consultation is completely free.
Why U-Turns Are Dangerous for Tractor-Trailers
When a tractor-trailer makes a U-turn, legal or not, the consequences can be deadly. According to PennDOT, there were 14,123 improper turning-related accidents in the Pennsylvania in 2016. Of those accidents, 61 caused a fatal collision.
Not only does making a U-turn put the truck driver at risk of severe injury, but it also endangers the lives of everyone on the road.
Some dangers associated with large trucks making U-turns include:
- Visibility Is Limited: When making a U-turn, the driver’s visibility becomes limited. The trucker will lose sight of both sides of their vehicles and will be unable to see any obstacles in front of or behind the tractor-trailer. And, when the U-turn is made during the evening hours, the darkness makes it even more difficult to see.
- Difficulty Maneuvering the Vehicle: There’s only so much room on the road, especially in rural areas and on city streets. Just the sheer size of a tractor-trailer makes it difficult to turn. In order to successfully complete a U-turn, the truck driver will need to move the truck both backward and forward multiple times in the space available. And, with limited space and lack of visibility, the risk of an accident is increased.
- Several Lanes Are Blocked: Not only can it be difficult to swing the truck around, but chances are the tractor-trailer will block both lanes of traffic. This is not only an inconvenience to everyone on the road but could cause an indirect crash between other vehicles when traffic is forced to come to a stop.
Proving Fault after a U-Turn Truck Accident
Because of the danger involved, a handful of trucking companies have policies in their company manuals that ban drivers from making U-turns. It takes a skilled driver to successfully make this maneuver without causing damage or endangering others on the roads. Yet, despite company policies prohibiting such maneuvers, truck drivers continue to ignore the rules to make illegal U-turns. And when they do, it can end in catastrophe.
As in any truck accident claim, you need to prove that the fault lies with the truck driver in order to be successful in your U-turn accident case. To do this, you're going to need to gather as much information as you can after the accident.
Make sure you get the following (to the best of your ability):
- Photos of not only the accident scene but of the damage to your vehicle and any injuries you may have received
- Contact information for the other drivers involved, as well as any witnesses to the accident
- Police reports of the accident
- Medical records, including bills and treatment sessions
Most of all, you need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible. If you are unable to gather this important evidence, your attorney can assist you in obtaining the necessary documents and witness statements to support your claim. Your attorney can also negotiate with the trucking company and their insurance company so that you don’t have to. And, if necessary, your attorney can take your case to trial.
Why Choose Fellerman & Ciarimboli Law PC?
For decades, our Pennsylvania truck accident lawyers have been fighting for those injured in illegal U-turn truck accidents. With more than $25 million won in trucking accident verdicts and settlements alone—including a $1.2 million U-turn truck accident settlement—we are prepared to go after both the truck driver and the trucking company in our efforts to make sure you receive the compensation you need to move on from a traumatic crash.
Once you hire Fellerman & Ciarimboli Law PC, our lawyers will get right to work on your claim. With the assistance of accident reconstructionists and experts, we can determine the true cause of your accident and figured out exactly what happened. Since we have access to trucking company manuals from across the country, we are able to take a look at the specific trucking company's policy to determine if the driver broke the rules. We can negotiate with the other parties involved and fight to make sure you receive the best possible settlement available. And, if a fair settlement cannot be reached, we are fully prepared to head to the courtroom and fight on your behalf.
Schedule a Free Consultation Now
The statute of limitations on Pennsylvania truck accident claims is two years. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to win your claim. Remember, the trucking company will likely fight you on your claim and will have a bevy of attorneys to support their side. It is not wise to attempt to do this alone; instead, reach out to the experienced truck accident attorneys at our firm for help.
We have several offices located in Philadelphia, Scranton, and Wilkes-Barre, and we offer mostpersonal injury services on a contingency fee basis, meaning you do not owe any attorneys’ fees unless we are successful in securing compensation for you.
Contact Fellerman & Ciarimboli Law PC online or call our office at (877) 989-4878 today to learn more.
Work with UsWe Truly Work for You
Our Clients Time is Valuable
Every case is unique and we spend the time working hard on your case, so you can focus on everything else.
Experienced Trial Attorneys
For 20 years our attorney's haven fought hard for clients and will not back away from a trial.
Ready and Available to Help You
Schedule a free initial consultation with our team.
Our Results Make a Difference
We've recovered hundreds of millions for our clients.