Pennsylvania School Bus Accident Attorneys
School Bus Accidents
When you put your children on the school bus in the morning, you are putting that which you care most about in someone else’s hands. You entrust that your children will be safely transported to and from school. Unfortunately, this not always happen.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, from 2006 to 2015 there were 324,710 fatal auto accident crashes. Of those crashes, 1,172 were classified as school-transportation-related, an average of 131 fatalities per year. Of those, 8 percent of those fatalities were children riding the school bus.
At Fellerman & Ciarimbioli, we fight for the injured of all ages. We know how tragic school bus accidents are for all involved and that’s why we won’t stop until your loved one is compensated.
The Major Causes of School Bus Accidents
Although fatal school bus accidents are not as common as other types of bus accidents, the consequences of these accidents are heartbreaking. There are several causes for the majority of school bus crashes, such as:
- Driver distraction. For bus drivers, not only do they have to pay attention to the road, but they also have to make sure there’s no trouble in the bus. All it takes one disruptive child to distract the driver. And the longer the driver’s eyes are off the road, the easier it is to get into an accident.
- Driver fatigue. The more tired a driver is, the more prone he/she is to make an error while behind the wheel. From failing to observe the rules of the road to slower reaction times, the results are always the same.
- Mechanical errors. It is the responsibility of the school bus company to regularly maintain the school bus for safety reasons. Failure to find a problem, such as an underinflated tire or a cracked air brake valve, could lead to an accident.
- Driver errors. These can range from another driver to speeding to making an illegal U-turn. If the school bus driver had not received the proper training or doesn’t have the experience, this puts everyone on the bus at risk.
Why Hire Our Philadelphia School Bus Accident Lawyers?
As recent news reports have shown, school bus accidents can have tragic consequences. And much like dealing with a truck accident, you may have to fight not just one entity but several, such as:
- The school bus driver, whose actions behind the wheel could have caused the accident
- The school district in its failure to properly train the driver
- A third-party organization that may own or operate the school bus, whether it's a church, a school, or a private organization
- The school bus manufacturer or the parts manufacturer
- A government entity responsible for the roads
- Another vehicle's driver
As soon as the accident occurs, chances are the organization's lawyers will be pushing you to sign a settlement. Don't do it. Instead, you pick up the phone and call Fellerman & Ciarimboli and we can handle the rest.
How Fellerman & Ciarimboli Can Help
School bus accidents are extremely hard to litigate. You need to have the experience and the skill to successfully litigate these claims. At Fellerman & Ciarimboli, we've been fighting for the injured for decades. We understand the pain your loved ones are suffering and we will not rest until you are compensated for your injuries.
If your child had been injured in a school bus accident, you may be able to receive the following damages:
- Medical care - Not only will this handle your treatment but can include aftercare such as physical therapy.
- Pain and suffering - Ongoing pain can affect your child's lifestyle and abilities.
- Emotional distress - After a traumatic event, many people report feelings of anxiety, fear, or confusion, especially in younger children.
- Funeral expenses - If you lost a loved one because of negligence, you may be eligible for compensation for funeral costs.
- Loss of enjoyment - The injury could affect the ability to do the things you enjoy.
Contact Our PA School Bus Accident Lawyers Today!
Whenever an accident affects the lives of our children, we must do whatever we can to make things right. And that's why Fellerman and Ciarimboli are here to help. We call upon our years of experience to determine who or what is responsible for the bus accident. We work tirelessly to help ease the financial and emotional burdens caused by the accident and make sure it will never happen again.
If your child was involved in a school bus accident, don't delay. Contact the Philadelphia, Wilkes-Barre, and Scranton personal injury lawyers at Fellerman & Ciarimboli today for a free consultation. We fight for the injured. Now accepting clients in Philadelphia, Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, and throughout Pennsylvania.
Work with UsWe Truly Work for You
Our Clients Time is Valuable
Every case is unique and we spend the time working hard on your case, so you can focus on everything else.
Experienced Trial Attorneys
For 20 years our attorney's haven fought hard for clients and will not back away from a trial.
Ready and Available to Help You
Schedule a free initial consultation with our team.
Our Results Make a Difference
We've recovered hundreds of millions for our clients.