With the weather changing, welcoming warm days and breezy nights, motorcyclists across the Keystone State will be taking advantage of this beautiful time of year. However, more motorcyclists on the road mean there are greater chances of being involved in an accident. If you are involved in a motorcycle accident this summer, you’ll need the legal representation of Fellerman & Ciarimboli.
Know The Statistics
Part of being a conscientious driver and motorcyclist is knowing the risks. Though many know the safety measures that need to be taken, the statistics of motorcyclist-related incidents are often jarring for many.
According to recent data:
- Pennsylvania motorcycle accidents make up 17.4 % of the total fatalities.
- Of the 192 fatalities involving motorcycle drivers or passengers, 90.6 % were drivers and 9.4 % were passengers.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that helmets saved the lives of 1,859 motorcyclists of all ages.
- Motorcyclists are 35 times more likely to be involved in a fatal crash than those driving cars.
It can be deduced that this is still on par with today’s motorcycle data as the number of households in the United States with motorcycles continues to rise.
It is estimated that the number of motorcycles rose to 12,231,000 in 2018, an increase of more than 2 million since 2014.
How To Protect Yourself
You may be ready to hop on your bike, but it’s important to protect yourself anyway that you can. You can’t account for other’s actions, but you can account for your own.
Take a look at these safety tips before you take your motorcycle out for a ride.
- Always wear a helmet. If possible, wear a helmet with a shield to protect from debris.
- Wear appropriate attire including shoes, clothing, etc.
- Follow traffic rules.
- Ride defensively to ensure drivers can see you. This includes using your headlights and staying away from common blindspots.
- Be alert. If you have been drinking or are feeling tired, it is not the time to operate a motorcycle or any vehicle for that matter.
Accidents happen. But when you work with a team that is determined to fight for your rights, know that you’ll be protected.
Contact Our Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
The Philadelphia law firm of Fellerman & Ciarimboli has successfully litigated a number of cases where a motorcycle accident has tragically affected the life of a victim or victim’s loved ones. We understand the complexities of these accidents and are prepared to fight your claim both inside and outside the courtroom. We stand for the injured and will make sure your voice is heard.
Time is of the essence. Contact our Philadelphia, Wilkes-Barre, and Scranton motorcycle accident lawyers now for a free consultation.