Attorney Michael O’Neill of northeastern Pennsylvania earned his Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of Scranton and received his Juris Doctor from the Villanova University School of Law. While at Villanova, he focused on litigation-related curriculum and, after graduation, taught trial advocacy for seven years as an adjunct professor. A lifelong athlete, he played collegiate football and baseball and was inducted into the Wayne/Pike County Area Sports Hall of Fame in 2018. He also has held a civilian aviation license for more than 30 years.
Attorney Michael O’Neill focuses on catastrophic injury litigation. This includes representing victims of motor vehicle and truck accident cases, victims of medical malpractice, and individuals with cases involving product liability and premises liability. A former senior litigation associate at DLA Piper LLP and a founding partner at a national litigation boutique law firm, Attorney O’Neill has served as first chair trial attorney in over 25 jury trials (or their equivalent) in 10 different states. All these complex litigation matters involved disputes of seven figures or more and resulted in successful verdicts or settlements.
Attorney O’Neill is also a distinguished veteran of the United States Army. He is an honors graduate of the U.S. Army Officer Candidate School and the U.S. Army Aviation and Warfighting Center and was commissioned as a second lieutenant and was trained to fly helicopters for the Army and the Pennsylvania National Guard. He remained active in the National Guard until 2005 and is a member of the First Troop Philadelphia City Cavalry, one of the oldest-recognized organizations in the United States military.
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- The American Association of Justice (AAJ)
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Admitted to Supreme Court of New York
- Admitted to United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Admitted to the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Admitted to the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Admitted to the District of New Jersey, and
- Admitted to the Northern District of Texas
- The AAJ Trucking Litigation Group
- The Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- The American Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys
- The Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association